Sunday, July 29, 2012

Easy as Pie

Lamb Pies
We were given a pie maker for Christmas a few years ago and whilst it isn't exactly an appliance I pull out on a weekly basis it is still an amazing gadget (for the kitchen that has pretty much all of them!) All Aussie love a meat pie but who knows what goes into them? Well this pie maker means that I always do! We recently got a bumper slow cooker so I could make multiple quantities of stews to freeze and what great pie filling they make! A quick defrost and then we're a go. I just use the ready made pasty sheets for convenience, cut a few rounds to fit the machine and we're cooking! A great way to engage fussy eater kids and whip up a quick but scrumptious lunch!

1 comment:

Christina @ The Hungry Australian said...

I've always wondered if these machines were worth it but there is a LOT so be said for convenience. Especially when you are feeding small kids :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...